We are a friendly running club open to all and any runners and walkers in Glastonbury and Greater Hartford, Connecticut. We welcome everyone from beginner trotters to hardcore marathon veterans.
We have over 150 members and organize three races per year, two of which benefit local charities. We offer three FREE nine-week beginner programs in the run-up to each club race.
- April 7th, 2013: 3rd Annual Spicy Green Bean Run Diva Run 5K
- June 30th, 2013: 5th Annual InterCommunity Firecracker 5K
- November 10th, 2013: 6th Annual Freed McKeen Race to Fill the Pantry 5K
We also help put on the following road races:
- February 17th, 2013: Mike Keenan’s King of Pain 10 Mile FREE Road Race
- October 27th, 2013: 2nd Annual The Devil Made Me Do It! 6.66 Mile Road Race
We have several training groups running regularly during the week, as well as the Glastonbury River Walkers – a walking program which started in 2012. Many members take part in other sports, such as yoga, cycling or triathlon.
What we believe
The Glastonbury River Runners promote running for health, camaraderie, and competition for runners of all ages and abilities. We provide a supportive, friendly environment that encourages each of us to achieve our personal best. In addition to organizing and supporting local events, we also cooperate with other organizations to foster and develop endurance sports in the region.
Get in touch
Looking to join a running club?
- See our membership options
- Contact us
- Like us on Facebook
- Check out our photo galleries on Flickr
- Watch our latest videos on YouTube!