The Glastonbury River Walkers – a.k.a. Rockin’ Walkers – are an offshoot of the Glastonbury River Runners coordinated by Margaret Rorrio. The free walking training program kicked off in January 2012 and culminated in the Hartford Marathon 2012. The next walking program starts July 5th – see info and sign up today!
- Want the fun and challenge of a marathon or half marathon without the pressure of having to run the whole way?
- Looking for a supportive group of training buddies to keep you going through the cold of winter and the heat of summer?
- There are over 60 walkers in the group so far!
Our goal is to walk Hartford half marathon in October 2013. Official training for this half-marathon will start on July 5th. The group meets on Saturday mornings at 8:30 AM at Riverfront Park, 200 Welles St, Glastonbury, CT.
Contact Margaret Rorrio on email@example.com to be put on the email list.
For more info or to sign up:
- Download the GRW information sheet
- Watch the YouTube documentary about the Rockin’ Walkers
- See information about the 2013 walking program
- Check the Walkers blog for news and updates
- Browse photos of the group on Flickr
- Check out marathonwalking.com to see if the marathon challenge appeals to you
- Contact Margaret on firstname.lastname@example.org