WALK FIT TO 5K
The Glastonbury River Runners is now offering a FREE 9-week Walk Fit To 5K (3.1 miles) program designed to train you to walk your first 5K. This is an offshoot of the Rockin’ Walkers coordinated by Amy Henley and Margaret Rorrio (President of GRR).
Email Amy at GRRwalkers@gmail.com to sign up.
- Interested in improving your physical and mental well-being?
- Looking for a supportive group of training buddies to keep you walking through the cold of winter and the heat of summer?
- Eager to meet new people with the same goal, make new friends and feel great?
The next FREE Walk Fit To 5K walking program starts April 25, 2015.
Our goal is to walk the GRR Fun Run 5K on 6/21/15. We meet on Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings for group training.
Saturday training is at 8:30 a.m. at Riverfront Park, 200 Welles St. You must park in the far back lot on dirt.
Tuesday training is at 6 p.m. at Glastonbury High School, LOT D on Hubbard Rd.
- We will train Rain or Shine unless there is thunder and lightning.
- This program will be supported by experienced coaches and will cover all aspects of an exercise regimen, including Warming Up, Stretching, Hydration, Pacing, Avoiding Injury, Goal Setting, and Proper Footwear.
- The program includes walking an increased amount of time of each week.
The first GRR walking program kicked off in January 2012 and culminated in participants completing the Hartford half marathon 2012, 2013 and 2014!
- Watch the YouTube clip:
- Once you have completed your first 5k, you may decide to continue on with Rockin’ Walkers.
- All you have to do is show up…then we’ll keep you going!
Don’t delay on signing up! Only 25 spots available.
Remember to consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program.