Artwork for this year’s T-shirt by Christopher Kolasinski, Grade 3, GEHMS.
Way to go!
This past weekend, Glastonbury RIver Runners hosted the 8th annual McKeen Law Race to fill the pantry! We were lucky to have beautiful weather, coming in at around 50 when the race started.
Congratulations to all of the runners and walkers who finished the race!
A special shout out to our Get Fit To 5K Graduates who finished the race!
Congratulations to our Zoomerangs and their parents who completed their first 5K!
Timing Was managed by Timing Plus New England.
Top Male Finisher 5K
Brian Nelson with a time of 16:14
Top Female Finisher 5K
Karey Busque with a time of 20:06
Top 3 Overall 2 miller finishers
Autumn Twillie with a time of 13:21
Amy Cardone with a time of 16:48
Samuel Forte with a time of 17:14
A Special Thanks!
Thank You to all of our great sponsors who make our races possible and support our mission.
Thank you to our naming sponsor, Ryan McKeen and the McKeen Law Firm, a long time sponsor and friend of GRR.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Glastonbury food pantry,and the GEHMS Green Leaf Program.
- To our sponsor, Bicycles East’s owners Deb and Steve Dauphinais for hosting Pre-Registration and Race Bib pickup as well as providing the lead biker. This service will be offered again for all upcoming GRR races.
- To our Silver sponsors: Keenan Law, Highland Park Market, Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery, P.C., Integrated Rehabilitation Services.
- To our community sponsors: Glastonbury Oil, Glastonbury Family Dental, Travel Insured International, Hartford Healthcare Rehabilitation Network, Liquid Nirvana, October kitchen, and with purpose.
- To our Supporters: McDonalds of Glastonbury, Road ID, Fleet Feet sports, Bakery on Main, Gardiner’s Market, Stop and Shop, and Shoprite.
- To our newest supporter: Soundrunner Glastonbury!
- To GEHMS, Hopewell School, Soundrunner Glastonbury, and Glastonbury Volunteer EMS for their generous Food Donations! With their help we were able to donate twice as much food as any other year!
Our GRR Members
A Special thank you to our GRR board: President, Margaret Rorrio, Vice president and RRCA certified race director Rosemary Hokanson, Secretary and Registration Deb Meincke, Achillies guide Chris Love, Sponsor Mike Keenan, and Course Manager Chris Goff.
Also to all of our members, volunteers, and coaches, namely Get Fit to 5K lead coaches Ed Ureta and Deb Meincke. Without all of you none of this would be possible.
Also to Katie Meincke and Roy Wrenn for providing photography services at the race!
Also to Kate Rich, leader of the zoomerangs program!
Save The Dates:
Our next race will be April 3rd, 2016. Join us for the Soundrunner April Showers 5K Road Race! Held at Riverfront park Glastonbury, CT.
The Firecracker 5K Held at Rotary Field on June 26th 2016.
The 9th annual Race To Fill the Pantry 5K on November 6th 2016 at Riverfront Park.