By Margaret Rorrio
Let’s roll, Connecticut, and make 2012 the year of good health!
Come join the Glastonbury River Walkers new training program: “Walk Your Way to a Marathon” AKA Rockin’ Walkers. Challenge yourself!
In 2010, Connecticut had an obesity rate of 22.5% according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We want to show people a fun, positive way to become fitter and reduce high blood pressure, stress, blood sugar and cholesterol. Group programs can be great way to sustain motivation and achieve shared goals. They can help individuals make and sustain lifestyle changes and improve everyone’s health.
- Check out the information on the GRR website.
- Sign up by emailing glastriverrunnerspublicity[@]gmail.com
- Pledge your New Year’s Resolution to getting fit starting January 7th, 2012 at 8am at Riverfront Park on Welles Street in Glastonbury.
- Commit to challenging yourself.
- Invite your friends and family to see what they can achieve along with you.
- MAKE NEW FRIENDS, LAUGH, HAVE FUN!!